SKILLS FUND 2020
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST NOW WELCOME
The Training and Business Company (RTO #60101) in collaboration with the Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (TCCI) is pleased to receive expressions of interest for training places subsidised under the Skills Tasmanian Skills Fund. Place numbers will be strictly limited.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
A series of workshops delivering the relevant knowledge, access to tools and interaction to support the achievement of competency. Learner Guides are also supplied in hardcopy form that can be reviewed and worked through as required. These support participants to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes required to demonstrate competence. In some cases, the learner guide may be used as a reference point only.
A range of mentors will be available, if required, to provide direction, support and advice throughout the training and assessment process.
Assessment will take place in the workplace. It will incorporate a number of aspects which, combined, go to providing evidence of competence. This may include a combination of the following:
- Workplace Projects – Completion of workplace projects related to a unit of competence or competencies. These are designed for implementation or use within the workplace as well as forming part of the assessment evidence.
- Work Logs – These identify tasks undertaken that demonstrate the requirements of the elements or units of competence.
- Work Samples – Provision of work samples, supporting documents, portfolios, or other forms of evidence which support the individual’s competence against the relevant element or unit of competence.
- Learner Guides – completion of activities or questions within the guide as determined by the assessor.
- Workplace Assessment – Observation and questioning of the participant across performance criteria and knowledge of the unit of competency.
Units of competency
BSBLDR502 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBLDR511 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
8 Elective Units to be advised.
Units delivered under ‘Skills Fund’ arrangements have been selected by consultation and using feedback from industry. These are seen as meeting current industry requirements and business standards.
Alternative units may be available on request, depending on competencies held by the applicant, access to resources and qualification packaging rules.
A series of workshops is offered to deliver the relevant knowledge, access to tools and interaction to help support the achievement of competence.
Each participant will be provided with a unique code to undertake an online assessment of their communication style, behavioural style, personal motivators and emotional quotient. The Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry will provide a copy of this report to those who participate.
Combining behavioural style, personal motivators and emotional intelligence TriMetrix is
literally the ultimate in understanding why we do what we do.
· HOW we behave and communicate – DiSC assessment
· WHY we move into action – Workplace Motivators assessment
· DO we actively apply the principles of emotional intelligence – TTI EQ assessment
Each participant will receive a detailed individual report which includes:
· Emotional Quotient assessment results
· Behavioural style and preferences
· Motivators profile
· Value to the organisation
· Checklist for communicating
· Time wasters
· Insight into how you respond to each of the motivators
· Potential behavioural and motivator conflicts
· Keys to motivating and managing
· Overview of individual summarising and combining behaviour, motivators and emotional
Duration is generally 24 months (or earlier if deemed competent)
This training is subsidised by the Department of State Growth, Tasmania.
Contact us for an enrolment form.
Contact us below