EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Training and Business Company (RTO #60101) in collaboration with the Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (TCCI) is pleased to receive expressions of interest for training places subsidised under the Skills Tasmanian Skills Fund. Place numbers will be strictly limited.
This skill set imparts the skills to manage risks and ensure safe workplaces. This skill set will support businesses in understanding their responsibilities and achieve compliance with related legislation.
A workshop delivers the relevant knowledge, access to tools and interaction to support the achievement of competency. Learner Guides are also supplied in hardcopy form that can be reviewed and worked through as required. These support participants to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes required to demonstrate competence. In some cases, the learner guide may be used as a reference point only.
A range of mentors will be available, if required, to provide direction, support and advice throughout the training and assessment process.
Assessment will take place in the workplace. It will incorporate a number of aspects which, combined, go to providing evidence of competence. This may include a combination of the following:
- Workplace Projects – Completion of workplace projects related to a unit of competence or competencies. These are designed for implementation or use within the workplace as well as forming part of the assessment evidence.
- Work Logs – These identify tasks undertaken that demonstrate the requirements of the elements or units of competence.
- Work Samples – Provision of work samples, supporting documents, portfolios, or other forms of evidence which support the individual’s competence against the relevant element or unit of competence.
- Learner Guides – completion of activities or questions within the guide as determined by the assessor.
- Workplace Assessment – Observation and questioning of the participant across performance criteria and knowledge of the unit of competency.
Units of competency
- BSBWHS501 – Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
Duration is generally 12 months (or earlier if deemed competent)
This training is subsidised by the Department of State Growth, Tasmania.
How do I submit an expression of interest?
Contact us below